Monday, November 19, 2007

Mudroom

Only AFTER photos exist:

I have always wanted a mudroom, and with this home we were able to take a 17X4 foot section of our garage and finish it into one. Now we have a place to drop coats, shoes, backpacks, mail and keys--plus a big bulletin board for all our schedules and kid artwork. The big bonus--an extra coat closet on one end and shelves for board games and art supplies on the other.

Entrance from the family room into the mudroom--one step down.

Outdoor carpeting was a great choice here. I can spray the whole thing down with a hose if I choose to! Hooks for coats, cubbies for shoes, but what's behind the curtain?

All the games and crafts and art supplies that my children can leave as messy as they want! The curtain is actually a tablecloth I hung up with clip-on rings. No sewing--yeah!

No comments: